Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Half a world away, right here in my heart.


























Have been speaking today with one of the Iranians I've been following on Twitter since Saturday. Soliciting help from the computer savvy to provide him with secure paths around the filters.

I asked him if he and his friends and family were okay. He says "for now," and since he is one of the technical guys, he tries to remain anonymous.

But then, he said if I don't see him update for 24 hours, something is probably wrong... and then he gave me his full name, and asked me to spread the word let the others know if that happens.

That hit me harder, and made me cry more, than any video or picture I have seen.

To my Iranian friend - you are so very brave. Thank you for your trust, and I hope I never, ever have to speak your name.

1 comment:

  1. Mere your political views, honestly, are WAY above my head...but your heart and reverence for the well-being of others, resonates deep within me. Plus, your writing gives me chills.

    Daye

    ReplyDelete