Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It's Fuck This Shit O'clock

I can't bring myself to work any more today.

With each passing day, week, month, and year, I tell myself that I need to get back in school. I need to jump paths to a career that I want, not one that I happened to have stumbled into ten years ago and have been doing ever since. The thought of doing accounting five days a week for the next forty or so years makes me shrivel up and die inside.

Problem is, I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up. My passions and dreams just aren't feasible. I'm not smart enough to be an astrophysicist, sadly. I don't know if I can devote eight or more years to school so that I can teach at a university. The only one that might be within reach is a photographer. I don't need to be famous or have my pictures hanging in art galleries (though that would be nice). I'd be happy just so long as I'm behind my camera lens, whether I'm taking pictures for a newspaper or at a wedding. Problem with that is, there is no shortage of talented photographers in Columbia, and with digital photography becoming accessible to just about anyone, it's a lot easier to be a good photographer than it was when everything was manual.

That said, I've never taken a photography class. I've just been told I have natural talent and an eye for composition. I'd like to see what I'm capable of when I actually know what I'm doing.

In the meantime, I've ordered some course catalogs from local universities. Because this:


cannot be my life for the next four decades. I won't survive the tedium.

No comments:

Post a Comment